Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back & My Announcement =)

Okay, starting a blog right before my busiest time of year family- and duty-wise wasn't the best idea I've had. I was all set to sit down and write 1-2 blogs a week but BAM! Christmastime and all the parties, events, cookie making, etc...that went with it came along. January was a bit better but then on came all the illnesses that got passed around the house. It is now February and I think I can breathe again. And blog again. Hopefully, I didn't just jinx myself.

The holidays were great this year. Both my boys were at the age when Christmas finally had meaning to them. Especially to my oldest. I loved being able to explain to him the true reason for the season, to let him know that it was more than a time for him to get gifts. All the celebrations we had, including the family ones, were surprisingly drama free. Best of all, I got everything on my list that I wanted - an imported Japanese teacup and teapot and an immersion blender. (Be prepared for cooking blogs in the future!)

Now, on to my big announcement. I'm pregnant! This was not planned, as I've given away all my baby things because I was that sure the factory was closed, but as a dear and wise friend pointed out "If you're not preventing, you're trying"! I had my first baby at 31 and my second at 35, and now, God willing, this one will arrive when I'm 38. I'm only 6 weeks along, so it's still early. Some people have questioned my reason for sharing my pregnancy so early in it's stage, especially after my history of many miscarriages. The main reason was shock...I was just so surprised that I kept letting it slip out! The second is if I do end up having a miscarriage, at least I know I will have people who will help me through it. I am reserving my excitement as much as I can until I see a viable fetus on a sonogram. I'm on baby aspirin and progesterone and all I can do is pray that everything is A-OK. Meanwhile, I'm experiencing morning sickness like I never had with my previous pregnancies, sore nipples, crazy dreams and fatigue, so instead of cursing all that, I'm accepting those as signs of a healthy pregnancy.

So I have been given a lot to blog about in the future. I plan to squeeze every bit of entertainment and life out of all my current situations as they evolve, so hopefully there will be good material somewhere in there. Time shall tell, no? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment