Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who is this Silly Mommy?

I opened this blog months ago with every intention of jumping right into it, but you know how that goes...kids...summertime...yadda yadda...easy distractions. But it's Fall, our schedules are pretty much set and so here I am!

A little about me. I am a 37 year old mom who still tells people she is 27. Or is it 26? Yeah, not doing too well with the aging thing, partially because I don't look my age, mainly because I don't act my age! I figured if I can get away with it, why not? Besides the obvious things I love - kids, husband, family, etc... - I am an AVID anime and manga fan to the point of obsession. Seriously, I couldn't tell you what was on mainstream television these days because, thanks to Netflix and the Internet, all I watch is anime. I like to cook, baking especially, and sometimes you may see some of my creations on here. I am half-Korean, half-Black American but since I've got the American part down pat, I am spending a lot of time learning about my Korean half. I am attemping to learn the language and customs and things that my Mom figured I didn't need to know because I am an American. I am very laid back and it takes a lot to upset me. Many people have told me that I am very "California". One day I'll have to make it out West because I'd really like to know what that means! I love making new friends, am addicted to the silly Facebook games, and I still like to rock out to a good metal/screamo band. If you comment or e-mail me, I will respond.

My family. Bubba is 6 and ADHD. He's a total technophile already, just like his Daddy, and can get online, surf the net and use Mommy's credit card to buy Facebook credits for his games (without my permission, by the way), and take things apart and put them back together again with ease. He used to be a Momma's boy but he's gone over to the Dark Side and now prefers his father over me. Unless he's in need or sick or something, then it's "Ma! Mommy! Mom!" all the way. Goose is 2.5 going on 10. He's a short ball of energy who is absolutely social and friendly and so full or personality that sometimes you'll find yourself saying "Just sit down somewhere!" He is a total Momma's boy but my husband keeps saying that it's only a matter of time before he belongs to him as well. In truth, I don't mind, I'm glad they love their Daddy so much. There's enough room left for Mommy. About my husband B. I wish I could say his heart belongs to me and the kids solely, but truth is we have to share him with his first love, the computer. His job requires him to work with computers all day but darn if he doesn't come home and sit at one all night. And loves it. Loves it loves it loves it! But I will say, he has skills and can make a crappy computer sing if he wants to. But he is a good provider for our family and doesn't mind my craziness or whatever crazy idea I decide to pursue. He's my quiet supporter. Most of the time.

And that's me and my family in a nutshell. I'll be blogging about them a lot, I'm sure, among other every day things that I feel compelled to blog about. I look forward to hearing what people have to say about my blogs, and I'll take the good with the bad. Just not hateful junk. That I will have to delete. But this should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. June 30, 2014 Update:
    Bubba is now 8, almost 9, and has been diagnosed as a high-functioning Autistic (Aspergers). He's smart as a whip and tall and handsome and makes me so proud with how well he's doing in school and his personal life. He has a lot to overcome but he has overcome a lot.

    Goose is still my lovable mini-me. He's happy and friendly and sometimes says things that make me look at him in awe of his profound thinking.

    The newest is Squish, born this February. He's the easiest baby, so much so that I joke and say that if he had been born first, I could've easily been talked into having a dozen more. I'm still learning his personality as it's ever forming, but he is the most pleasant child and I hope that sticks with him.

    B is still hard at work being a gubmint G-man. We still bump heads from time to time but I've found that as each year comes and goes, our patience and understanding for each other grows. We laugh more today than we did years ago. (Laugh with and at each other!)

    I'm just sitting here enjoying being the primary source of support for my menfolk. Life is good. =)

    ReplyDelete