Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DIE-ting! Again! But this time I mean it!

Sheesh...how come my pictures always make me look fatter than I really am? I mean I know the image that I see in the mirror of this thick yet shapely and well held together woman has to be the real me, not the swollen chick in the pics with the cheeks so puffy she looks like a squirrel hiding nuts for the winter. But, just in case I may be delusional, I've embarked on yet another diet. But this time I'm going to make it work. Really, I am. I promise! (Crossed fingers don't count if they're behind your back, right?)

All kidding aside, it's the holiday season and I've been known to gain, like clockwork, about 10-20 pounds from Halloween to Valentine's Day. I'm attempting to stop that shameful trend this year. Right now I'm having the breakfast that seems to be standard in every diet I've ever tried - a black cup of coffee - and repeating the mantra "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". It's not working. Krispy Kreme, I'm sure, would taste as good. So would a double bacon cheeseburger with lots of ketchup. (See how my brain hates me?)

How do you lose weight? What motivates you? What do you say to yourself to keep it off? I'd love to know. I've been dieting for more years than The Who has had farewell tours, but obviously I have not found my answer. Post in the comments below and wish me luck! I'll keep my progress posted here...when there is any. =)

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog so far! Very entertaining. I lost weight when I started blogging about it. After I had my son I was determined to lose all my baby weight before I had my next and I knew I'd give up like I always do and either remain a fattymcfatster or I'd lost a little and stagnate. I decided to try and blog and have people "rely" on me through Wordpress' auto publish feature to FB. That way if I quit or started gaining weight maybe I'd feel guilty about it. It's worked wonders so far! 55 pounds down! This is the first time I have ever lost an actual for real amount of weight. I wish you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try something like that but I feel like such a big failure when I slip. A friend suggest Sparkpeople.com. Maybe having to be accountable is what I need. Congrats on the 55 pounds down! That's a wonderful achievement!

    ReplyDelete